Back to top
In accordance with the provisions of the State Records Act (section 13), State Records NSW may approve standards and codes of best practice for records management for use by public offices.
Recordkeeping standards are mandatory, measurable and include minimum compliance requirements. They are outcomes oriented, rather than prescriptive.
Standards and code of best practice issued by State Records NSW under the Act include:
- Standard on the physical storage of State records
- Standard on records management
- AS ISO 15489.1: 2017 Information and documentation - Records management, Part 1: Concepts and principles - code of best practice
Policies issued by State Records NSW establish frameworks, principles and objectives underpinning the NSW Government's approach to records management or the conduct of certain recordkeeping practices.
Current policies are:
- Building the archives: policy on records appraisal and the identification of State archives
- Digital records preservation policy